Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Deelite Christmas

It is during this time of the year,the week of Christmas to be exact where I am able to really to step back and take some time to reflect everything that has happened during the year.
This is one of my favourite times at Deelite because I get to review all the photos we have on file of all the cakes, cookies and cupcakes we've done, look at all the classes we've held and start prepping for new classes, and also revamp the store bit by bit.
We've just done some cool re merchandising at the store already and have an entire new Baby Shower department. I know, hard to believe as our store is already so packed. But with a lil moving here and there, some extra Buttercream for energy, we were able to make our existing space bigger and better:) You gotta see it to believe it.
I thought I'd also take this time to highlight some of our special moments at Deelite with you.
I wish you a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!!!!


Here is a cake I did for my friend Annie. She is a super Coffee fan. She recently found out that she was pregnant with their second child so she couldn't enjoy her daily cup of joe. Her husband decided to get her a Coffee Mug cake for her big 30. And yes, the # 3 is suppose to be sinking into the "HOT" coffee:)

We were asked to do a spectacular cake for the 10th anniversary of Staccato. Here is a photo that was sent to us from their PR department. They also shared with us that the cake was one of the most spectacular moments of the entire Anniversary.

Here is a photo of one of our students Debbie. You have probably seen her in a lot of our class photos or even in your class. That's because Debbie is our super dooper Prego student. She was on a mission to do all the classes before her due date. And that she did, Course 1,2,3, Fondant & Gumpaste, Cupcakes wkshop...you name it, she did it. She finished her last class Christmas Cookie Bouquet and about 2 weeks later, she gave birth to a sweet lil girl Ariel.
Congratulations Debbie:)

If you were ever wondering who our photogropher was, well....its you're truly ME:) I'm also the food stylist and studio set up person etc.... One man band basically. Every so often, I'm able to grab a "lighting person" from the decorating studio to adjust the light bulb for me. But other than that, its me myself and I.
Here I am trying to shoot an action shot for the launch of our Mint Baby cupcake with one hand sprinkling and one hand snapping. As you can see, it didn't quite work out:)
My New Year's resolution is to get to know my camera better. My camera has got so much potential with all kinds of options. But all I know is one mode.
Hope you've enjoyed this year of fun at Deelite. In fact, our Blog is officially 1 years old now. Its been such a joy sharing all our goodies with you.
Until Next year:)
May All your days be filled with Deelite!!!