Monday, August 23, 2010

Madame Tussaud's 10th Birthday

Its been a very eventful past week. Sorry for my absence, I'm still here just been involved with a lot of exciting things. I couldn't wait to share it with all of you:) We celebrated Madame Tussaud's 10th birthday a week ago. It was HUGE HIT!!! We had such a great time making this one of a kind cake.
The Cake was 4 1/2 foot tall surrounded with 100 star studded cupcakes.
We wanted to design a cake that represented Hong Kong,Hollywood, Movie Stars and Glamour. The first thing that came to my mind was that this cake had to be tall with many different tiers and some tilting and topped with a giant disco ball.
We started off the cake with a giant Hexagon 22"diameter chocolate cake.
Then after we covered all of our cakes with difference colored fondant.
We decorated and stacked them. One of my favourite features of the cake was how the movie reel was doing a balancing act.

Luv our disco ball too!!!!

We added Madame Tussaud's signature logo on the ball.

Here's our bottom tier as we were adding its final touches.

We delivered the cake and layed out all the cupcakes on location. Here is my favourite shot, I finally got a moment to sit back and capture the entire creation. As you can see, our cake was waiting backstage for its grand entrance. The humidity and hot weather made me a bit nervous, but nothing happened. Phew!!!!!

The cake was not made out of wax:)