Monday, September 28, 2009

Animal Print cakes and More!

We got a cake request this past weekend to do a log cake with the lumber jack saw cutting through it. I was very tickled by the request, and wanted to know what this cake was all about. Well,,,,did you know that in German tradition for weddings, the couple saws through a huge Log. Don't believe me, look at this photo. I googled it and sure enough, I "saw" some great photos of couples joyfully sawing their way through a log. Here is one of my fave photos.
The bride has some impressive biceps:)

Anyways, back to cakes. We did a cake version for this German tradition.

Here's a close up of the saw. The cake was a moist chocolate cake filled with fresh cream. If by chance you are more keen on eating the saw, you can do that too as the entire thing is edible.

We also did a shoe themed photo cake for a 40th birthday girl. I hand sculpted this shoe then Fabbed it out with leopard print and gold studs as animal prints are a must have of the season.

I couldn't stop with the leopard print with just the shoe. So I made cheetah print ribbon and bow to match. Can we say Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr8!

And for a 12th birthday, we made a zebra printed heart shaped birthday cake for Rhona.

See I told you animal prints are a must have of the season.

And last but certainly not least, here is an orchid/violet color themed cupcake tower we made for a special wedding occasion.

Happy Monday!