Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Wedding Cake!!!

Happy New Year!!!!
Finally as promised here is my wedding cake!
I thought it would be great to start off the new year with my Wedding Cake.
My wedding cake project was the most memorable moment of 2010:)
I hope you are inspired by this cake to continue doing what you are doing whether it be baking for your friends, decorating for fun or aspiring to be a professional cake decorator. I started off with a simple shell border and cabbage looking buttercream roses at Wilton Decorating School 6 years ago. I never thought in a million years then that I would be able to make my own wedding cake.

The secret to making your dream cake is simple.....Dream Big, Decorate with Passion, Love every cake you make even if it doesn't turn out the way you want.
Perfection is over rated and at the end of the day, your love for decorating will speak through all your cakes and people will be "WOWED" by your passion and not by how "perfect" your cake looks:)

Here's a photo with my cake at 2am in the morning when I fully completed the cake.

It was the best feeling ever!!!

Enjoy the video:)